Be sure to have you child check out the HS or MS Health Services Resource page. These pages contain information and activities for your adolesent's physical and mental health during this time of crisis.Clap Because We Care! Let's show our support for those in our community that have family members on the frontlines!
Who Do I Want To Be In This Crisis? You may not have control over the Coronavirus, but you DO have control over your response to this crisis situation. Click the link for more information.
Local Resources Flyer- There are a lot of resources out there, but they can be difficult to navigate. Click on this link to find answers to situations that many families are facing during this time of crisis. For example, "I cant't leave my house, how can I get the essentials we need? ".
Masconomet Regional School District “Grab and Go” free lunches- are available for ANY STUDENT in the Tri-Town Area. Pick up at Door #27 of the High School, outside of the Small Cafeteria, daily from 11:00 AM -1:00 PM, no need to call ahead. Assorted lunches and snacks with fruit and water will be provided. A gluten free option will be available on an as needed basis. On Friday’s you may pick up lunches for the weekend.
Masconomet Health Services Department Update for parents 4/23 Click here for an update from the district nurses.
Masconomet Health Services Department Update for parents 4/4 Click here to see how the nurses are connecting with students and parents during this time of online learning.
Masconomet Frequently Asked Questions Information detailed in this document is intended to provide guidance for this period of time that school is cancelled. It is important to note that this is a fluid situation and information may change. This document will be regularly updated and modified as information becomes available. You should revisit frequently for the latest updates and information. Updated 4/23
Buoy Health’s new online healthcare resource for MA residents Allows callers to check their symptoms and connect with the next appropriate health care resource. This tool does not replace emergency medical care, helps to connect callers with appropriate health care resources if they display coronavirus symptoms. This tool is available 24/7, free for Massachusetts residents and uses current COVID-19 guidance from the CDC and DPH.
Press Release 3/13 Press release regarding extended school closure for Masco.
Board of Health Nurse
Middleton-Traci Mello firstname.lastname@example.org
Topsfield and Boxford-Joan Fitzpatrick 774-502-7501
Local Boards of Health
Boxford 978 887-1236 x 507 https://www.town.boxford.ma.us/health-department
Middleton 978 777 1869 https://middletonma.gov/507/Coronavirus-COVID-19
Topsfield 978 887-1520 https://www.topsfield-ma.gov/health-department
Mass 211 COVID-19 information site Mass 211 is the centralized hub for comprehensive information about and referral to the complete spectrum of services, including those COVID-19 related.
It is understandable that children will have anxiety over the Coronavirus shutdown and will have questions for their parents. Here are some resources to help adults to address these questions and concerns with their children:
- National Association of School Psychologists: Talking with your Children about COVID-19. A Parent Resource
- New York Times: “Talking to Teens and Tweens about Coronavirus
- New York Times: “Five Ways to Help Teens Manage Anxiety about the Coronavirus”
- Psychology Today “How to Talk to Kids and Teens about the Coronavirus.”
- NPR: “Coronavirus and Parenting: What You Need to Know Now.”
- Click here for a social distancing Video for teens.
Take care of your emotional health and help others do the same. If you need emotional support during these stressful times:
- Call 2-1-1 and choose the “CALL2TALK” option.
- Samaritans is continuing operations 24/7, as always. During this unprecedented time, it can feel overwhelming to receive constant messages about COVID-19. Call or text their 24/7 helpline anytime at 877-870-4673.
- Disaster Distress Helpline, 1-800-985-5990, (or text TalkWithUs to 66746) is a 24/7, national hotline dedicated to providing immediate crisis counseling for people who are experiencing emotional distress related to any natural or human-caused disaster, including disease outbreaks like COVID-19. This toll-free, multilingual, and confidential crisis support service is available to all residents in the United States and its territories.
- Other Resources and tips to help boost emotional health and well-being during the COVID-19 outbreak.
Information Sheet Coronavirus Transmission Follow-up information regarding initial Masconomet School closing.
Coronavirus Factsheet Learn about the signs and symptoms, transmission and treatment of the Coronavirus.
Letter Regarding Coronavirus Masconomet's Initial guidance letter sent to all parents, guardians and staff on February 27th, 2020
Comcast Reduced internet Cost Comcast is offering free/reduced price internet for those of low-income who are working and/ or studying remotely due to COVID.