Masconomet Middle School Remote Learning Expectations
The following set of guidelines for remote learning in the middle school encompasses general areas in which students need to cooperate in order to successfully engage in learning in an online environment. Rules and regulations as outlined in the Student Handbook remain in effect, and the following highlights important areas of expectation essential to remote learning. While teachers may have other, specific classroom rules and expectations, these cover the middle school overall.
- Always be respectful to your teacher and classmates
- During classes, cameras should be on to begin class and for attendance. Then, the use of cameras is teacher directed based on the particular lesson or activity.
- Any avatars or images associated with a student online must be school appropriate and associated only with them. E.g. Posting a picture of a classmate as your avatar is unacceptable.
- Non-offensive clothing and background are required. Students are responsible for all visuals they bring to the virtual classrooms as per the Student Handbook. The Handbook dress code remains in effect.
- Cell phones should be turned off unless specifically directed to be used by a teacher for an educational purpose. E.g. Taking a picture related to a scientific observation and project creation or use of a learning app.
- Students will be expected to use a Masconomet issued Chromebook or other personally owned tablet/computer/Chromebook for class.
- Recordings of any kind of teachers and classmates are prohibited.
- The homework policy as outlined in the Student Handbook remains in effect.