MASCONOMET REGIONAL RE-OPENING PLAN
For In-Person & Hybrid Models
Student Parking: Student parking at Masconomet, is limited, is by permit only and is restricted to students who are in good standing. During school hours, students may only park in the student parking lot, Parking Lot A on the High School side. Students who want a parking permit must be in good standing, have paid in full all school obligations prior to submitting for a parking permit and submit a completed parking application to the Director of Security & Crisis Response for review.
Prioritization: There are 249 spaces available for students. These spaces will be prioritized on a first come first served basis starting with the senior class. Enrollment and closing dates to apply for a parking permit will be communicated first to seniors, then depending on demand and availability the junior class will be notified. Junior parking permits will be awarded via a lottery.
Issuance & Payment: Students will be notified when their parking permit application is approved. Upon notification, the fee associated with the parking permit will be posted to the student’s account as an obligation and it must be paid within seven (7) school days. Payments can be made by check or money order in the amount of $100.00 payable to the Masconomet Regional School District. Please note PARKING and student ID number on the check or money order. Payment should be sent by mail to the attention of the Masconomet Regional High School Main Office at 20 Endicott Road, Boxford, MA 01921. Once the permit has been paid for it will be issued. The applicant will be removed from the parking permit queue if payment is not received within seven (7) school days of the approval notification.
Under this system School Administration reserves the right to rescind parking privileges for serious violations which include but are not limited to;
- Students approved for parking may only drive themselves and their siblings.
- Student leaves campus without proper dismissal or authority.
- Any forgery or misuse of a parking permit.
- Impairment, drugs or alcohol violations.
- Excessive parking violations (5 or more)
- Excessive demerits, disciplinary action or being placed on Social Probation
Students must also comply with the following rules. Failure to do so could result in loss of parking privileges;
- Students must obey all posted traffic & parking signage and operate in a safe manner at all times while on school property.
- Students are responsible to lock and secure their vehicle daily after parking.
Students are not be allowed to go to their car during the school day unless they have received the proper permission to do so. This includes lunch and study periods.
VIOLATIONS: All parking fines are $30.00 and posted to the student’s account as an obligation.
APPEALS: A student may appeal a parking violation within 3 school days of the date of issue.
Appeals must be made by the student and in person. First to the Director of Security then depending on the outcome of the first appeal to the High School Principal whose decision is final.
TOWING: Cars are subject to towing at the owner’s expense due to excessive violations (5 or more) or if a student continues to drive/park after their privileges to park at school have been rescinded.
LOST/STOLEN PERMIT: Lost/stolen permits are to be reported immediately to the Director of Security. A fee of $10.00 will be assessed if a replacement permit is needed.
BLACKOUT/NO PARKING DATES: Blackout / No Parking Dates may apply. Parking fines on blackout dates are $60.00 and may result in a tow at the owner’s expense. A blackout date parking violation may also result in permanent loss of parking privileges.
- Students who fail to display their permit or fail to park in the student lot are subject to a violation.
- Parking permits must hang and be displayed properly facing out to windshield and clearly visible.
- Students may not cover, decorate, block or obstruct their parking permit in anyway.
- A prorated refund of the parking fee will be issued, if a student has their privileges rescinded.
- Student vehicles are subject to search by a school official if there is reasonable suspicion to believe that drugs, alcohol, stolen property or other prohibited items are present in the vehicle.
Parking at Masconomet (during school hours) is by permit only. No permit = No parking