FALL 2021 STUDENT PARKING - NORMAL REOPENING
Seniors:: Student parking at Masconomet is limited, by permit only and restricted to seniors who are in good standing. During school hours, students may only park in the student parking lot on the High School side. Seniors who want a parking permit must submit a completed parking permit application form, related documents and associated fee of $100.00.
Submission & Payment: Completed parking permit applications will be submitted in person by the student to the Security Office. In addition to the early registration times in August. Times will be designated before school and after school daily for this purpose through Friday September 17th. Check/money orders should be made payable to Masconomet Regional School District. Please note PARKING and the STUDENT NAME/ID# on the check or money order.
Juniors: Availability of permits for Juniors will be determined in October once a determination if the cap has been reached by the senior class. If permits are available juniors will receive communication on process at that time. If the cap is reached, juniors will not be eligible for parking until the seniors go on internship in April and communication on that process will be issued in March 2022.
Under this system School Administration reserves the right to rescind parking privileges for serious violations which include but are not limited to;
- Student leaves campus without proper dismissal or authority.
- Any forgery or misuse of a parking permit.
- Excessive parking violations (5 or more)
- Impairment and/or any drug or alcohol violations.
- Excessive demerits, disciplinary action and/or being placed on Social Probation
Students must also comply with the following rules. Failure to do so could result in loss of parking privileges;
- Students must obey all posted traffic & parking signage and operate in a safe manner at all times while on school property.
- Students are responsible to lock and secure their vehicle daily after parking.
- Students will not be allowed to go to their car during the school day without proper permission. This includes lunch and study periods.
VIOLATIONS: All parking fines are $30.00 and posted to the student’s account as an obligation.
APPEALS: A student may appeal a parking violation within 3 school days of the date of issue.
Appeals must be made by the student and in person. First to the Director of Security then depending on the outcome of the first appeal to the High School Principal whose decision is final.
TOWING: Cars are subject to towing at the owner’s expense after the first violation. Cars may be towed due to excessive violations (5 or more) or if a student drives after privileges have been rescinded.
LOST/STOLEN PERMIT: Lost/stolen permits are to be reported immediately to the Director of Security. A fee of $10.00 will be assessed if a replacement permit is needed.
BLACKOUT/NO PARKING DATES:
Blackout/No Parking Dates may apply. Parking fine is doubled to $60.00 and may result in tow at owner’s expense. A blackout date parking violation may also result in permanent loss of parking privileges.
- Students who fail to display their permit or fail to park in the student lot are subject to a violation.
- Parking permits must hang and be displayed properly facing out to windshield and clearly visible.
- Students may not cover, decorate, block or obstruct their parking permit in anyway.
- Refunds will only be made if a student transfers out of the Masconomet School District.
- Student vehicles are subject to search by a school official if there is reasonable suspicion to believe that drugs, alcohol, stolen property or other prohibited items are present in the vehicle.
Parking at Masconomet (during school hours) is by permit only. No permit = No parking
For all parking permit inquiries use the following email:
Forms and Notices