PROVIDING PATHWAYS FOR EVERY STUDENT AT
MASCONOMET HIGH SCHOOL
Pathways are programs of high school study that connect learning in the classroom with real-world applications outside of school. They integrate rigorous academic instruction with a demanding hands-on curriculum and field-based learning.
The multiple pathways approach
- prepares all students for success;
- allows students to choose a context for learning that is interesting to them;
- challenges students with a rigorous college-preparatory curriculum;
- engages and motivates students by connecting challenging academics to relevant career experiences.
Masconomet offers students an opportunity to intentionally plan curricular experiences to concentrate in one or several pathways. The purpose of pathways is to help students understand how their personal interests align with coursework and extra-curricular activities and recognize interdisciplinary connections in their studies.
At Masconomet, students can concentrate in the following pathways:
- Computer Science and Business
- Civics, Citizenship, and Communities
- Media and Communications
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Mathematics (STEAM)
- Visual and Performing Arts
Additionally, students can pursue the Global Competency Diploma.
For a quick overview of the Pathways program, please view our Curriculum Guide.